Becoming a host family
We have a selected network of quality host families for our students but are always looking for more. We tend to work with the same families over and over again as our students not only arrive during summer months but travel all year round so we have constant arrivals. We specialise in groups, so if the family has availability we tend to place two together in twin rooms for 3-4 weeks, we also have students that require single rooms for longer periods. Our students are on work experience funded by ERASMUSPLUS programme age range 17- 28 years old, their host companies can be based anywhere in Dublin. Therefore we need families all over the city once they are close to a regular transport link to the city centre. On some programmes a language course is also included prior to the work experience, in this case the language school would be located in city centre.
Feedback from our families is they find hosting a rewarding experience. It gives them the opportunity to meet students from all over the world, plus earn an extra income completely tax free. If you have children in the household they can also benefit by meeting someone from a different cultural background who speaks a different language. Many of our families have made long lasting friendships with their student guests and keep in touch in the future.
We need families that can offer a warm welcoming atmosphere and comfortable clean accommodation. All types of families are encouraged to apply; there is no “typical” INTERNSPLUS host family. Some families have young children, other more mature with adult children that have left home/or still living at home, retired couples with no children at all, all types may apply.
What does a host family have to provide?
- Set out the house rules at the beginning of students stay.
- Have a clean, comfortable, warm home.
- Provide a clean bedroom with ample storage space and a desk (if possible) for students use and regular linen change.
- To include the students laundry in the weekly family wash.
- To always treat the student the same as another member of the family.
- To involve the student in family life, including sharing daily meals together (Breakfast & evening meal)
- Have the patience to provide encouragement and support to the student who can sometimes suffer home sickness and cultural change during the early stages of the programme.
- The commitment to host for the full duration of the students stay.
What Internsplus provide
- European students staying 3-4 weeks in twin rooms, individuals staying in single room 3- 12 weeks.
- INTERNSPLUS provide 24 hour emergency support in case of any difficulty.
- We do not request our host families to make airport collections or drop offs. Our students will be dropped to your door upon arrival and picked up for departure.
- Monthly payments.
- Competitive rates.
- Regular bookings.
INTERESTED? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire further or arrange a visit.